10 WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH RIGHT NOW
1. Start the day with a protein rich meal (at least 3-4 oz or at least 20 gms of protein) and continue with this amount for lunch and dinner.
2. Eliminate sugar and sugary foods (especially sugary liquids like soda, sweet tea or juice) and cut back or eliminate processed carbs like pasta, bread, rice, cookies, crackers, etc.
3. Add veggies to every meal for a total of 4 cups/day. Veggies provide fiber, antioxidants, phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals.
4. Eat healthy sources of fat including olives, olive oil, nuts, seeds, avocados, coconut oil and organic butter from grass-fed cows.
5. If you eat dairy, choose organic dairy products to avoid hormones, antibiotics and pesticides.
6. Add fermented foods to your daily diet such as organic kefir or yogurt, sauerkraut, kimchi, pickles and kombucha.
7. Drink at least 8 cups of water a day or half your body weight in ounces, whichever is greater.
8. Shoot for at least 20 minutes of exercise everyday.
9. Get plenty of rest! Your body needs at least 7 to 8 hrs of sleep every night.
10. Add these daily supplements to optimize your health: multivitamin, vitamin D3, fish oil, probiotics and magnesium (at bedtime).